Monday, October 12, 2009

dream diary

the whole family is in a house with a huge garden, surrounded by a tall fence. in the last few days there have been reports of people coming to attack the house. my little sister and i pack our bags, the rest of them are going to stay. a car will collect us  in the morning. before dawn the dogs start barking outside. it's possible the attackers are out there already. a doberman's silhouette stands stiffly by the gate. beyond the gate there is a dense fog through which we can just make out a car's headlights, which we assume is our taxi. my mother helps me with my suitcases, but i realise as we carry them that i'm missing a whole lot of stuff. i go back to the room where we're all sleeping and start emptying the cupboard. a million bras, mine and my sister's, are still to be collected, my favourite colourful dress, some more things. while i sort through things i see my brother's wife's clothes are neatly packed away and i think how lovely it is that they will stay together in spite of the threat.

No comments:

Post a Comment