Sunday, June 10, 2012

photography project, 1997

I started taking pictures of my stairs in the winter. Maybe they're a silly thing to take pictures of, but they are after all the entrance to my new home in this foreign country. Maybe that's why I've grown so fond of them. They welcome me after being out there in the big scary world, and they say good-bye to me every morning.

So I've taken the pictures, and developed them and printed them, and how much work that has been... almost as much as getting used to living in this country, almost as hard as growing out of my habit of wanting to run away home every time I was out in the city.

And here they are, my stairs with their flowers and the people who go up and down it every so often... Only when I looked at the pictures I realised they were quite gloomy and sad, and I'm not any more, so to cheer the pictures up, as I'm cheered up, I added some colour.

And that explains it all. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment